Its a big question among the male who are struggling with sperms count and they are curious to know how to increase sperm count. Sperm count is the amount of sperm measured per ejaculation. 40 million to 300 million is the normal range for the number of sperm per milliliter. Sperm count is measured by semen analysis, where in a male ejaculates semen and it is then sent to lab for testing. A low sperm count is also called oligospermia. It’s your sperm that can help in expansion of your clan.
Causes for low sperm count-
- Medical Factors: Side effects of certain medicines or may be some physical ailment or any injury can lower your sperm.
- Environmental Factor: Exposure to some chemicals or metals; radiations or x-ray; overheating of testicles causes of taking bath with hot water or sauna.
- Lifestyle : Drug abuse, alcohol consumption, smoking habits and mental stress, obesity.
How can sperm count be increased
Sperm can be increased through medical treatments or from some home remedies.
- Surgery: A surgery can help cure your problem.
- Medication: Certain medicines prescribed by doctor can be used depending upon the severity of infertility.
- Personal Habits:
- Quit smoking
- Reduce on alcohol consumption
- Meditate to keep your mind relax and away from stress.
- Avoid masturbating often or on daily basis.
- Health improvement:
- Regular exercise: Aerobics, yoga, brisk walk or jogging for 45 minutes a day is enough.
- Eat healthy food: Include fish, meat, egg, cashew nuts, peanuts, walnuts and fruits & vegetable to your diet.
- Avoid food rich in fructose and carbonated drinks like coke.
- Eat food rich in anti-oxidants.
- Eat organic food.
- Avoid broiled or charcoal cooked food.
- Reduce weight: It has been found by some scientist that obese have a lower sperm count than non-obese. It is better to maintain your weight and remain fit.
A lower sperm count is the reason for infertility. Mostly people mistake it with semen. You should know your semen contain sperm, your semen is not sperm. To have a healthy sex life and a baby it is necessary to have normal required sperm count. You can consult Dr. AK. Jain to know how to increase your sperm counts